• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

New IAC Trophy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjkimball

Been there...Done that...
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Just a quick note to let you about the new Curtis Pitts Innovative Aerobatic Design Award. This award was conceived about 3 years ago after Curtis' passing. The intent is to award this honor those who create new things for aerobatic flight. It may be an airplane, a system or component or event support items like software. Things that advance and improve the world of aerobatics.

The trophy will be unveiled at the IAC member Dinner Thursday April 23, 2009 at Sun N Fun. The first recipient will be named at that time as well.

I helped with the design and construction of the trophy and actually have it here in my house now as I just finished assembly. The cool thing about this 51 pound work of art is that it is made of the many materials Curtis Pitts used in his designs, aluminum, steel tubing, and wood.

If you plan to be at SNF, stop by the IAC meeting to see it. It is amazing.

Latest posts

Back