• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

new member old dog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyoteTom

Supporting Member
Reaction score
greetings to all, thought I'd say hello, currently I am building a Skyote. I spend most of my days , welding, cutting, drilling and welding some more. This particular project was started by another individual who unfortunately has passed on. It's true the Skyote really is a challenging and difficult build. The drawings are design drawings, not construction drawings, seems to me the engineer/ designer Pete Bartoe must have a wicked sense of humor. Previously I built and flew a Starduster too, completed a ground up restoration of a Fleet 2, refurbished a Waco UPF-7 , rebuilt a Stearman N2s3 and a Smith DSA. Recently I built an Experimental Clip wing Cub, but honestly I'm not too sure about these new fangled monoplanes. I'm a CFI and an uncurable aviation enthusiast. Tom

Latest posts

Back