• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

Greeting from a new member in the <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="&#111;n"><st1:place w:st="&#111;n">Chicago</st1:place></st1:City> area. I'm a Commercial - Instrument rated pilot. I was introduced to the Oshkosh Fly-In when I was in High School. Since then I have wanted to build an airplane. I have been attending every year since, only missing one year in the past 26...This was the year my first daughter was born, one week before the show. (Now she gets to spend her birthday in <st1:place w:st="&#111;n"><st1:City w:st="&#111;n">Oshkosh</st1:City></st1:place> every year.) <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I just stumbled on this forum and am excited that I found it. I'm an avid radio control modeler and have gotten used to using the model forums for sharing information and asking questions - I never thought one would exist for full size homebuilt biplanes!
A number of years ago I purchased plans for an Acro Sport II but did not have the means or the space to start building. Lately I have been thinking about building again and after spending some time reading the posts in this forum, I am starting to feel confident that I can actually build an Acro Sport II. Chris' Official Acrosport 2 Thread may be the thread that pushed me over the top. The detail and pictures remind me of the great RC model build threads I've read over the years.

Well, I just thought I would introduce myself. I'm looking forward to learning from everyone!

Bill

Latest posts

Back