• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

New Model-12

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Just wanted to take a minute and reintroduce myself on the Model-12 section of the forum. I previously posted here as FairchildFlyer and am now using GG4ME. My name is Matt and last week I was blessed to become the latest care taker of Model 12 S/N 002 built by the Kimball's in 1999. My plan has always been to build my own 12 but as the years have passed I came to the realization that by the time I finished one I would be too old to enjoy it. The pieces somehow came together to allow this purchase which was a surprise even to me. I don't think the reality of it has really sunken in yet. This is the fulfillment of a 20 year dream that I had lost hope on.
Thanks to everyone on this form for the knowledge and insight and I know I will be calling on you from time to time. I hope to be able to share this plane and my experiences with as many people as possible. The plane will be based in GA and there are currently at least two other 12's in the area. Hopefully we'll be running into each other at local shows and fly-ins. More to come!
360KC.jpg

Latest posts

Back