• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

New Old Stock Eagle Control Cables

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameron

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got two new old stock Christen Eagle control cables for sale. One is for the mixture, the other is for the prop.

I would consider the mixture cable unusable as a whole, but it would be good to use for parts to rebuild another worn out assy as long as the outer sheath was good. The one that I've got had a large nick in the red plastic outer sheathing which allowed the steel inside to rust. It otherwise works fine and has never been installed in an airplane. Length is 89.4".

The prop control cable is fine and is usable. I did carve away a small part of the red plastic to verify that the steel underneath was ok. It is. My engine has a front governor so this won't work for me. Length is 77.4".

I'll take $60 for both plus shipping.

ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1453157949.183978.jpg
ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1453157966.900598.jpg
ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1453157976.086012.jpg
ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1453157990.319864.jpg
ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1453158003.536047.jpg

Below is the rusted part of the mixture cable.
ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1453158015.153890.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back