• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

New owner of 2 Pitts S-1 projects

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N95334

Registered Users
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello and tell the world I am a Pitts owner. Waited 40 years to say that. I just bought (or found a gold mine) 2 Pitts S-1 projects. Only one engine though, a Lyc O 290 D2A One has a factory fuselage with all the welded parts and set of "D" wings. The other is a older homebuilt that had a landing accident. I have a lot of work to do and I know what it takes since I have built a homebuilt before and restored a couple classics, covered a Pitts S2E etc. I live close to where the very first Pitts flew at Hart field. It is now a Holiday Inn at I 295 and Commonwealth in Jacksonville Fla. There is some airplane stuff inside the hotel and even an old Ercoupe hanging from the rafters. Humm maybe the homebuilt project I have couldend up there in the lobby. That would be cool, a tribute to the man and his machine on the spot where it all started.

Latest posts

Back