• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

New Paint Booth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walker

Gary Sky Walker
Reaction score
Biplaneforum Users,

Again I need your help. I am going to be erecting a "Paint Booth" in my large two car garage. I will be painting a Pitts S1S. I will be using the "Poly Fiber" covering and painting process. I will also be using HVLP compressor. Using as little space as possible for the "Paint Booth" will be important. I have a 20 foot long garage which will give me a 1.5 foot clearance on each end for the top wing. The "Paint Booth" can have a height of 7 feet. I have relocated the circuit breaker box to remove the explosion hazard since I am using the "Poly Fiber" system.

I need help and suggestions for the following "Paint Booth" items.

1. What width do I need to make my "Paint Booth" spraying "Poly Fiber" with a HVLP compressor?

2. Generally what is the distance from the paint nozzle to the item to be painted using a HVLP system.

3. I need recommendations for the purchase of a HVLP system. What type/kind/model HVLP system would be very helpful.

4. What kind of ventilation should I install. What size inlet and what size outlet should be used. What size air inlet filters should be used. How many box fans should I install.

5. What kind of plastic liner should I use. Can I buy a fireproof plastic liner?

6. Lighting requirements.

7. Items I should pay special attention to.

Please will free to bring up other suggestions that will help make my painting this Pitts S1S successful.
Pictures would also be great. I will gladly take calls at my cell number below.

Thanks for your Help
Gary Walker
832-656-8314

Latest posts

Back