• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Newbie S1S owner!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x2flycrj

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all, looks like I've found a great community here on everything with two wings or more!
I just finally made the leap and bought a little S1S used here in Denver CO. (KEIK). First time Pitts flyer and long time admirer.. Took my first flight in a S2 something back in '87 on a demo flight and haven't been in one since. Flown other tail draggers like The Pawnee and Citabria a bit, but nothing like this fast little bird. ( I fly a Bus for a living and fully realize it has almost nothing in common with this kind of fun flying) It was kit built in 2000 or so. I'm also new to the owning an Experimental AC, but like the advantages it can have. Well, just wanted to say hi and look forward to learning.. A lot! Btw I have the Haigh locking tailwheel.. Anyone prefer this to a steerable?? Just attached a pic of it. It's been through a couple of owners, but seems to be in good shape. ( just finished annual, and looking forward to my 2 seat checkout soon).

Cheers,

Greg ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1395619109.530166.jpgImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1395619165.712606.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Biplane Forum

Latest posts

Back