• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Newly divorced, time to buy my Skybolt

jmraa757

Reaction score
On the advice of my therapist, I need to find and buy a Skybolt/Christen Eagle in order to speed my recovery from the "wealth re-distribution" that just occured.
I found a nice Skybolt on Controller.com located in NM. Anyone know anything about it, or seen it?

thx
Justin

StinsonPilot

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Couldn't find it on Controller

Welcome aboard...

Reaction score
Instead of the painful term of wealth redistribution you could switch to the term the liberals have coined, "conscious uncoupling". A little av gas, two wings and you'll be fine. Good luck in your airplane search.

Dennis Flamini

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Justin,
You win the thread title of the year award...shows you can put a "positive spin" on divorce.
Most of us married guys walk that razor thin line between love and hate but every once in a while you see some on the extremes, fully hate or love.
My standard as always is say your sorry and go back, it won't be any different with the next one.
Dennis in Chicago

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been very happily married for 43 years and have owned several aircraft within the limits of our income.... My wife has been happily(I think) married for the same time and has owned several horses again (just barely) within the limits of our income.

That's I think the secret of "success" letting each other think that "they" are the one getting the better end of the deal.:)

Of coarse the problem is having anything left over for food.....

My advice. Forget the Skybolt/two place. Get a S1 Pitts and (if you have too) find a woman who is happy with you owning a single place biplane and you should be good to go for almost anything.......Maybe?:rolleyes:

Jack

PS After half a day of thinking I believe our the real reason for our success is the knowledge that each of us would give up everything for the other.

Last edited:

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I was once told, if you want to save money..... "If it flies, floats or f$cks, rent it!" I'm a slow learner. Own a boat 1.5 airplanes and a wife....... Who wants to save money anyway :D.

Good luck with the airplane search! I agree, look for a single seater, it's time for some you time!

And Dennis, yea good call on title name award! It's better than "newly divorced, need to sell the skybolt"!

Last edited:

rdwrv4

Reaction score
Lou Stolp used to call it AIDS airplane induced divorce syndrome

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Justin not all marriages end, or end with such unpleasant experiences! I have been married for 52 yrs, yes 52 and have had the best of the best in the way of a wonderful wife! Sure we had our problems money children four, two girls and two boys, and all that goes with it! My wife has always had a house to live in a car to drive and enough money to by mostly what she wants and needs. She also wanted her man me to purse my interests, cars boats and airplanes. I have never forgotten her birthday valentines day or our anniversary, after hearing stories like this and others that have been more hateful and expensive, I hug the stuffing's out of her every day and tell her what a wonderful woman she is! I have flown my airplane to Oshkosh 9 times and my wife has gone with me in it 5 of those times! I have also flown it to the bay area of Calif and to the Starduster fly ins in Southern and Northern Calif and she has been my co pilot and we have met some wonderful people and had the best of times, If I told her today that we were leaving Monday for the bay area, she would have her stuff packed and be ready to go! And mind you this is December in the Northwest and my Starduster is open cockpit! It has been more difficult for her the last several yrs due to health issues and gaining weight, but she would still be ready to go!

As for airplanes. This airplane I have just finished but am working on, the Skybolt is the forth biplane I have made fly, that I have done a major amount of work, that has been finished and flown, besides I have had several other projects and as many know I have helped numerous others.

So the only advise I can give is find the right woman, most people don't. I was lucky, as it certainly was not due to my smarts or clever intellect and I should have bought a lottery ticket at the same time I met her, as I certainly won the lottery of a lifetime, if they had them back then? Dave

MA-4  2smallJPG.jpg

Two_Stardusters.jpg

SAM_2578 small.jpg

Last edited:

cashflyer

Reaction score
On the advice of my therapist, I need to find and buy a Skybolt/Christen Eagle in order to speed my recovery from the "wealth re-distribution" that just occured.
I thought it went the other way around.... You find a Skybolt, there is a wealth redistribution, and then a divorce. :confused:

Dana

Reaction score
More often the ads read, "She said it goes or I go."

I guess I was lucky... I already had my first plane, a T-Craft, when I met my wife, and the deal was it'd only be sold to buy another. It sat disassembled in the garage for quite a few years while we were broke, 29 years later we're still married, the kids are grown, and I'm flying my fourth plane (and third single seater (5th if you count paramotors); the adventures we had in the first plane cured her of any desire to fly with me any more).

Skybolt31

Registered Users
Reaction score
Once upon a time, a Prince asked a beautiful Princess, "Will you marry me?"

The Princess said NO and the Prince lived happily ever after. And he rode motorcycles and fooled around with skinny big titted broads and hunted fished when ever he wanted. And went to naked bars and dated women half his age and drank whiskey, beer and Captain Morgan and snorted cocaine off of striper's asses and never heard bitching and never paid child support or alimony and had sex with cheerleaders and kept his house and airplanes and never got cheated on while he was at work and all his friends and family thought he was cool as hell and had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up ..... The end

Matt-

Reaction score

The Princess said NO and the Prince lived happily ever after. And he rode motorcycles and fooled around with skinny big titted broads and hunted fished when ever he wanted. And went to naked bars and dated women half his age and drank whiskey, beer and Captain Morgan and snorted cocaine off of striper's asses and never heard bitching and never paid child support or alimony and had sex with cheerleaders and kept his house and airplanes and never got cheated on while he was at work and all his friends and family thought he was cool as hell and had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up ..... The end
Hey……I think I work with that guy.

curtis

Curtis
Reaction score
I have been lucky in marriage also. The story of my first plane at 24 years of age goes something like this. My wife wanted to have our third child but I was happy with two knowing that all I would ever need was a four place airplane. So my third child was a bargaining chip. I agreed we could have a third child and she agreed I could buy an airplane. Nine months later we had Rebecca Hanna and I had a 1948 Luscombe 8A. Four planes later I have made my last tuition payment and now I'm building a Pitts S1. Life is good and my wife new exactly what she was doing. Rebecca is still my baby.

Curtis,

Reaction score

What a refreshing post. Helps offset all the guys that have their posts proofread by their wives. "Honey, I'm writing nice things about you on the internet"

will moffitt

Will moffitt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dave B, you said it all. We just did 47. It took many years of busting my butt and working in the rain to afford a 150. She is a wonderful woman and I would give up my starduster if it came to a choice. The down side is she became more fearful of flying as she got older and decided she had enough. So I sold the cessna and bought a one holer. We are both happy. But she is also afraid of the big aluminium tubes so I don't take it personal.

will

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
what a refreshing post. Helps offset all the guys that have their posts proofread by their wives. "honey, i'm writing nice things about you on the internet"
:D.

So I wonder how many cushy love stories we are gonna hear before someone actually answers his question about the skybolt ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Exactly. The original poster just said he is ready to buy a Skybolt and mentioned he is recently "uncoupled". He's looking for an airplane, not marriage/life counseling. He said he already has a therapist. My advice to him, look out for chicks named Tiffany. Search you tube for the "hot crazy dating matrix" and 'nuff said.

Last edited:

jmraa757

Reaction score
Wow, you guys are as bad as my airline pilot forum. :cool: I'm not looking for any "unicorns" but if I find one, I'll take care of it. I sold the glider and the Bellanca Viking in order to stave off the divorce, got divorced anyway. I know the 3 F's rule(flys, floats, f_cks) rule. so this ain't my first rodeo.

I just did a quick search, and indeed what I was looking at is now gone. Search continues.