• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Nice Pitt's S-1S For Sale

MNForrest

Reaction score
Pitt's S1-S for sale. 200hp AEIO-360A1A. MT composite FP prop. Custom wings, ailerons, 2-piece cowl. Trigg mode S transponder. Becker radio. Includes Softie seat wedge 'chute and Garmin 396 - which gives you ADSB out/TIS when hooked into the Trigg. Very cool airplane. Flown in advanced by the previous owner. Just Intermediate for me. Rolls faster than stock - but not like a Wolfe mod. 906 empty, but a GREAT performer. Overbuilt, very strong airplane. Some cracks in the paint but the fabric is in very good condition. Top wing re-covered about 150hrs ago is perfect. $30,000 firm and fair.

N86DM.jpg

Tomcat

Reaction score
Forrest, why are you selling??? Getting something else?

MNForrest

Reaction score
Just not flying enough Tom - and work is slow. Life gets in the way of life and all that.

Tomcat

Reaction score
I understand sorry to hear that. For anyone that's interested in this airplane it is a really nicely built and flying machine. I was pretty good friends with Phil Schacht the previous owner and attended many contests watching him fly it. It's well worth the asking price....

Major Tom

Registered Users
Reaction score
Been looking for Pitts S1. Wife given the go ahead. :)
Do you have a Spec sheet, and any and all detailed pictures. Where are you located? I am able to fly out to Minn Airport next to Mall of America.
Please see pm for email address.

Thanks in advance,
Tom

MNForrest

Reaction score
Looks like she is sold pending the usual stuff. Thanks everybody!

Forrest

Defenseman1

Registered Users
Reaction score
Is that John Klatts former S1? If so I remember Doug Dodge doing some rag work on that some years back. Dont know if you sold it, but I sold my S2B last month and may be back in the market if I dont buy an Acroduster next week.

Brian Dawson
[email protected]

MNForrest

Reaction score
This is Phil Schacht's old Pitt's. I don't think Klatt ever owned it, but maybe. Yes, Doug Dodge did a major (awesome) rebuild on it. Sold to a nice guy in Florida - who is desperately looking froward to a break in the Minnesota weather so he can get it home. In the mean time, I will do my best to keep it from getting all rusty.

Latest posts