• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

NOS Christen Eagle Exhaust For Sale

Cameron

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got an NOS Christen Eagle exhaust system for sale. It's still in the factory packaging. It includes the exhaust, gaskets, and an EGT probe. I'll take $650 or best offer, plus shipping for it.

This may or may not work on an S2A. I really don't know.

ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1417746839.077004.jpg
ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1417746892.292885.jpg
ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1417747040.771362.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Biplane Forum

Cameron

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes.

Cameron

Supporting Member
Reaction score
These fit an AEIO360-A1D and probably other angle valve variations as well. They may also fit parallel valve engines, but I don't know for sure.

Neil

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
If they are for the angle valve engine, they won't fit a parallel valve engine. Flanges are turned differently.

Cameron

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to know, thanks.

Just to be clear. This exhaust will only fit angle valve engines.

Skybolt31

Registered Users
Reaction score
Does this mean you are going with a 4 into 1 system?

Cameron

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. Probably sky dynamics.

Skybolt31

Registered Users
Reaction score
Yes. Probably sky dynamics.

So then the question is are you going to use their oil sump also?

I had their sump and exhaust on my Skybolt and it is great stuff, lighter, some increase in power and much better oil supply in unusual attitudes. They don't give it away though and the exhaust is different depending on the sump. If I could make up my mind about either going with their sump or definitely not, I might spring for the 4 into one. I have a pretty solid stock exhaust on my plane now, but it would be nice to have a new one......

Cameron

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bruce,
I'm going with Superior's cold air sump. I really like Sky Dynamics cold air sump, but its pretty pricey. One thing I don't know yet is if the Sky Dynamics exhaust will work with the Superior sump.

Raven shows a 4 into 1 exhaust with the Superior sump. They list exhausts for the Eagle. I might try them. Worse comes to worse, I'll mock an exhaust from pvc pipe and get a custom one made.

If you're interested in the stock exhaust, shoot me an offer. I have no clue what its really worth.

Skybolt31

Registered Users
Reaction score
I'm going with Superior's cold air sump. I really like Sky Dynamics cold air sump, but its pretty pricey. One thing I don't know yet is if the Sky Dynamics exhaust will work with the Superior sump.
I liked the Skydynamics system, but I like the fact that the Superior intake is a casting that is bolted to the sump. The Skydynamics intake is hung from the case with some brackets that were constantly breaking. Now the one I had was from many years ago and perhaps they have fixed the problem, but I liked that aspect of the Superior set up. The Skydynamics sump has the swinging pickup which I think really helps with keeping oil pressure up.

scottseagle2

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I talked with the guys at Ravin. Their exhaust had less bends, but involved moving the oil cooler forward. Their cold air intake oil pan also has the swinging pickup. Both designs seem to be a big upgrade from the '70s technology. I haven't decided which one I am getting yet.

Building a Christen Eagle II

Cameron

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exhaust has been sold.

Latest posts