• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Not only airplane safety

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dexws

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Dear co-enthusiasts,
I want to talk about something beyond safety of flight.
You know that here in Italy we are taking extreme measures for containing the spread of the coronavirus: bar, pubs, restaurants, theaters, stadiums, schools etc are closed and people are strongly recommended to stay home.
Personally I am working from home and I plan not to go to my office for at least a couple of weeks if not strictly needed. My wife is a doctor and she continues to work. My daughter is not going to the university and she is having only online lessons. In general we stay home as much as possibile.
I strongly recommend to stay home as much as possibile, to avoid shaking hands and many contacts with other people.
I know it sounds excessive but be very careful: elder people are weaker, so even if you are strong and healthy you risk to bring the virus to you parents. Furthermore it is the whole system that can be paralized, particularly the health system that can be chocked by the high number of infected people.
Sorry for the tone and content of the message, I do not want to spread panic but I, as a witness, urge you to not underestimate the threat, both for you and your families.
I hope we’ll discuss about nice airplane stories in few weeks
Ciao

Alberto

Latest posts

Back