• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Not Sure What It Is?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I got this E-Mail from a prospective owner..

Hi, i looking for some info on what's suppose To be a starduster too sa300 parasol but looks like an acroduster parasol with long fiberglass wings with flaps. The wing drawings have: ALL 300 on them
Do you any info on what this is? Thanks Larry

My reply..

Larry not sure what you are asking? To my knowledge there never was a Parasol SA-300 Starduster Too or a similar SA-750 Acroduster Too? You might be confused by what was the SA-500 better known as the Starlet, it was a low powered single place and was a parasol. Stolp Aircraft built two prototypes, pictures attached N501S and N2300, the purple one was powered by a VW, and the red one has an O-235 115 hp Lyc. Also to my knowledge there never was an all fiberglass wing fabrcated or installed on any Starduster aircraft that I am aware of? I am not saying that someone may have attempted to do so, as home builders will be experimenters, and have done some wild and crazy things, so it is possible. You have 300 wing drawings, in the plans for all Starduster airplanes there may be about 4 or 5 relating to building the wings, certainly not 300! I am not sure where you are getting your information but it is obvious to me that what ever you have or who ever is feeding you this information may be screwing with you? There was what was called a Bakeng Deuce http://www.bakengdeuce.com/ that was a two place high wing parasol that someone could have built a fiberglass wing for? But this airplane had nothing to do with Stolp aircraft, or Stolp Starduster Corp? Dave

Then I got this E-Mail and picture this morning, and no one was more surprised than me!

Thanks for the fast reply! I now have more info and pictures of this airplane. The wings are ribblett GA 35U-A315, but I can't find any info on them.

So does anyone know more about the wing design, sounds familiar to me. Dave

This was my answer to his latest E-mail..

Larry thanks for the pictures. When one thinks he has in my 76 yrs seen everything when something like this shows up you are just blown away! It reminds me of the SA-300 RG built by Jack Swan, we joked about some one doing this when I first worked for Lou Stolp, never imagining that someone was actually building a retractable Starduster Too? I would be very careful as the new or prospective owner of this aircraft, as well as the pilot as one can easily become a test pilot without being paid to do so, it also appears to have a Blanton Ford V-6 auto engine conversion, not the best choice for a new one of a kind airplane in my opinion, has it ever flown? It may very well be a good airplane, but that is yet to be determined Does it have an n- number and airworthiness certificate and weight and balance, also the price what is the asking price? Please google this link ribblett GA 35U-A315 wing it was from the T-18 newsletter, and is a gigantic PDF file if you choose to down load it. Good luck and keep me informed? Dave

Parasol SA-300 1.jpg

N741S Swan Starduster Too 6 small .jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back