• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

O-360 A1A Crank in an A4A

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameron

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just bought an Acrosport II thatcame witha disassembledO-360 A4A. The engine is almost complete, but it is missing the crank. I found a nice yellow tagged O-360 A1A crank, but I am not quite sure if it will fit or not. I read the type certificate for the O-360 and the only differences between the two engines are that the A1A is equipped for a constant speed prop, and the A4A is not, andthe A4Ahasspecial length propeller bushings. I am going to be using a fixed pitch prop, but I may upgrade to a constant speed prop later. Can I use a plugged, A1A crank, in an A4A engine? Are the cases identical, oris the oil routeddifferently? I don't suppose there is a downloadable Lycoming parts manual on the internet anywhere is there?

Latest posts

Back