• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

O-360-a4a 180 hp

acroeric

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
O-360-A4A, dynafocal mount, wide deck parallel valve 180HP engine, just 650 hours since factory new, never overhauled, currently flying this engine in my Pitts. Bendix mags, PS5C Pressure Carburetor, all compressions are 76+/ 80 with no measurable oil consumption. Only selling because I have a new high performance engine being built by Sky Dynamics that will be ready soon.

Can be seen/ flown on my Pitts. Thought I would offer it here first.

$9500

Gmovies

Reaction score
Solid crank prop flange? What year is the engine? AD on the crank?

acroeric

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Solid crank shaft but with lightning holes in the flange. Manufactured in 1970. Non AD crank.

acroeric

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I've decided to keep this engine as a spare and not sell it- good engines are scarce when you need one. If I have one I'll surely never need it ;-)

Latest posts