• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Oil cooler hose

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicko

Registered Users
Reaction score
I am hoping some one on here can help me with the following question:

My airplane has an o320 with a Christen inverted system. There are two lines running to the oil cooler, one hooks up to a T that screws into the oil screen housing where the oil temp probe should go. The oil temp probe screws into the other end of the T. The other hose hooks up to the accessory case in the middle right half of the engine. I do not like the T which is where the upper hose hooks up to. I looked at a friends s1s with an o360 today and the hose that connects to the t on my airplane connects to the left of the oil screen housing directly into the accessory case.

My question is, can I reattach the hose on my airplane to that spot on the accessory case (There is already a capped off fitting there on my airplane) or is there some modification that needs to be done to open up an oil passage or some other thing to consider before switching where the hose hooks up. Also, would that be the output or return to the cooler? Does that serve as the oil pick up when inverted?

Thanks!!

Latest posts

Back