• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Oil Leaks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
The engine on my SA-100 was leaking oil about six months, maybe a year ago it was leaking a little I think the area was along the lower LH corner of the accessory housing the oil pan and case. I could not seem to find exactly where so put some red silicone along the parting flanges in the area I suspected and that seemed to stop it for quite a while. But the last several months and hrs it is leaking again, and a bit more than I would like. It also seems to do so after it cools down and has set for a while.

My question is, Has anyone used an ultraviolet light in attempting to find the leak? It the November issue of Kitplanes there is and article about using an ultraviolet light to help find the leak. Dave

Latest posts

Back