• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

oil pressure issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dana

Reaction score
Had an oil pressure issue the other day... after landing and taking off again, I noticed the pressure indication was low, around 60 psi where it's usually rock solid at 90 at anything much above idle rpm. Eventually it came back up, and was slow to drop when throttling back, even stayed up for awhile after shutdown, normal otherwise, no leaks. Almost certainly a plugged capillary tube to the sender, or a plugged orifice... I assume there's an orifice to prevent rapid oil loss if the capillary tube breaks? What does that orifice look like and where is it located? I haven't pulled the cowl off yet to look.

Latest posts

Back