• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Oil seperators for sale

DanSalcedo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got 3 of them. Not Christian. Probably best for an occasional sport type aerobatic plane, not a heavy hitter.

$10 each

IMG_2994.jpg

IMG_2995.jpg

IMG_2996.jpg

IMG_2993.jpg

Randy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We will skip the PM . . .
I would like the one with the SkyBolt logo
Send me total including shipping and pmt. method.
Thank you,

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll take the one with the biggest outlets. [email protected] is my PayPal if you have that send a money request

DanSalcedo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, Lotahp1 It's yours, I'll let you know the shipping cost tomorrow. I need your address. PM or email me if you don.t want to post it here. Yes I have paypal
[email protected]

Thanks

Dan

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quarts? It's a REAL engine. We measure in Gallons ;-) the oil tank is 4 gallon. Same as the PTs and Fairchild 24s with rangers. The military actually allowed up to 4 quarts an hour usage before they said there was an issue! The normal oil usage now days seems to be a pint to a quart and a half and hour as "ok". I'll be happy with a quart an hour or less an hour. (You don't want zero loss...it wasn't designed like that and if you have it that tight there's probably other things wearing out very rapidly...or that's what I've been told by the engine guys I know...makes since to me. So I'll try to keep mine at the pint to qt and hour use rate) I'm using the stock pistons...no "menasco" mod done to them. And stock rings...gapped properly. I am using some valve guide seals on the intake side. Can't hurt anything.

cwilliamrose

‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ 
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like the Stearman I just flew -- 4.4 gal oil capacity in a 6 gal tank (the extra volume is to allow the foamy oil returning to the tank to settle out and lose its air). Oil changes are going to be expensive!

DanSalcedo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I shipped 2 tanks yesterday check your PM

Dan

Latest posts