• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Old Magazine Issue Wanted

Biplane45

Reaction score
I'm trying to find an old issue of Custom Planes Magazine, which features an article about my Skybolt (N400RF). Issue: Custom Planes, 12/2000, Pg 22, Article by Pete Fusco about Fraker Skybolt N400RF. If anyone can help me locate and acquire this issue, I would be grateful. Thanks, Karl B. [email protected] Skybolt N400RF Arlington, WA

pigpenracing

Reaction score
Do you have sport pilot march 2000 with your old plane in it? It's funny, jeff Stoltenberg is a good friend of mine and we were
just talking about this plane. Jeff has been flying with me alot in my bolt and always speaks really highly of this airplane. I think jeff sent you an email today regarding the empty weight on this plane, he couldn't remember it. Jeff always says this is the funest plane he ever owned.
Shawn

Biplane45

Reaction score

Just shot a note off to Jeff. Yep, Jeff's a real nice guy, nice family too.I think I misquoted and asked if he still had that old issue, called it Sport Aviation when it's Custom Planes Mag. My post above is the accurate issue. Hope he'll part with it. As I was telling Jeff, while the plane is a sound one, it did need some mods. Most notable, I had to split the front fiberglass cowling to get at that #1 cylinderto do the compression checks. Had to remove the spinner and prop to do it before, just aweful setup. Much easier now and looks great.

I'll do some looking and try and find that empty wgt data for you. Let me know if you have any further questions, I'll be glad to help.

Karl

[email protected]

Latest posts