• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Original Hardware ?

jh23job

Reaction score
Is there an interchange manual to cross reference the original hardware called out in a 1942 parts catalog for jacobs R755 Engines ?

The Numbers I have for the NUTS are: 466B, 456B, and 684. Would these interchange to an MS number, or ?

Also the special “thumb style” hose clamps are: 20000, and 90170

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you !!

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Radial Engines LTD in Guthrie OK. They will know, I'd give them a call. Great guys but since they are in business to overhaul Jacobs engines I'm not sure hope much info you can get from them. Worth a shot...

Kris
Oklahoma City,OK
Currently restoring a Ranger powered Starduster Too

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Radial Engines LTD in Guthrie OK. They will know, I'd give them a call. Great guys but since they are in business to overhaul Jacobs engines I'm not sure hope much info you can get from them. Worth a shot...

Kris
Oklahoma City,OK
Currently restoring a Ranger powered Starduster Too

wacoc8

wacoc8
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Air Repair Inc. www.airrepairinc.com. They own the Type Certificate for the Jacobs engines and do overhaul and maintenance on the engines. Not saying that Steve Curry at Radial Engines can't help but I would start with Air Repair.

Dave

Latest posts