• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Oshkosh Special -Skybolt for sale

larryM

Reaction score
On the way to OSH at C77 (near Rockford) Can view, fly, and buy all on the same trip, and bring it to Oshkosh!

Selling to buy travelling airplane:
'76 Skybolt, 980 TTSN, Lyc IO-360 B4A (solid crank) 980 TTSN, 160 since IRAN - NO PROP STRIKE compressions mid 70's, clean inside,(have pictures & oil sample) all accessories done at same time. Prop 980 hrs TT. Current conditional inspection. All new wing hardware. Maintained by professional shop prior to 2010, IA since. Logs since new. Wheel pants, radio and transponder. Flying weekly times will change. Lots of fun flying left at minimal $/fun! Oshkosh special price $26,000.

image.jpg

taff

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a sad situation that this low price is asked!
It really makes me want to complete mine.

Go on and list it for a real special price $mid to upper 50's
I sold my Mk4 Kitfox with a Rotax 912 (80hp) for $35 about 5 years ago!

larryM

Reaction score
I listed it for real late last year - no joy :(
At this point it is holding me up from buying the airplane for this next season of life.
You could always stop building yours for a while and buy this and fly today!

I actually gave up building my Great Lakes years ago. I had made great progress, but it all slowed to a halt as the family/job required more time than I had available. I hung it up for a while until I realized that with what I had into it and what I still need to invest in it - I should just sell it and buy an airplane to fly now. I traded my parts for a flying airplane and never looked back. While I enjoyed building, I still do not have the time available to do it 10 yrs latter. Perhaps, I will build something when I retire....