• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Pitot/Static and Airspeed Indicator Error

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameron

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that I am regularly flying my ASII, I am starting to tweak everything in. One thing that I have noticed from the beginning, is that the airspeed indicator is about 10mph slow, at cruise speed. I have a pitot/static combo on the right wing, well away from the prop blast. I would think that this would be a good source for both pitot and static pressures. Where do biplanes typically obtain their pitot and static pressures from? I did try disconnecting the static line, so that behind the instrument panel would be the static source, but my indicator was reading way too high. I was cruising at 150mph.

Is there a way to adjust the indicator itself? Do indicators go bad after sitting a long time? This airplane hasn't flown since 2000.

Latest posts

Back