• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Pitts 12 with LS1 V8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superD57

Reaction score
Hey !!
New guy here. I'm currently helping my dad finish his BD-4 with a 13B rotorary. We're close to getting done. It's been his dream for over 30 yrs and I just now stepped up to help him finish it.
Anyways, I've always liked the biplanes alot. I'm really interested in building a Pitts Model 12. Fabrication, engines, electrical, paint & metal work are what I do in my job.
I used to work at a Chevrolet dealer back when I was in my twenty's.
Sooo. I'm very fond of the LS1 all alum. I got real excited at this years fun &sun when I saw Budd Warrens LS1 from Geardrives.
My question is,... The Pitts 12 looks like it could handle it I guess and I think it'd just be cool. ( LS1 orLS6 maybe). Budd says it is a little lighter than the standard radial with the same hp or even more. I also like the 12 cause it seems bigger than most biplanes and may be easier to handle but not too small if my wife & I want to go across country.
Any thoughts. Sorry this is so long. 1st time on a forum like this. Thanks.
Edited by: superD57

Latest posts

Back