• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Pitts Cabane Fairings (S1-T, S1-11)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garyg

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I have an Aerographics fairing that I bought hoping it would fit the S1-11 and it doesnt appear close. I think they told me it was for a S1-T. It is carbon fiber. I paid like 250 for it, including shipping. I would like 200 (includes shipping in 48 states). Or make me an offer.

So for my S1-11 I built a mock center section, carved out a foam shape on it and then made a mold of it. I made one for myself and the mold took a little damage coming out but I think it is good for at least a couple more after repair. It is one piece, so you would have to cut to install. I made it with one layer of glass, 2 layers carbon fiber, a layer just around the edge of glass, followed by another layer of glass and then vacuum bagged. If you would like one, I figure about 180 plus shipping.
IMG_2393.JPG
IMG_2390.JPG

Latest posts

Back