• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Pitts harness attachment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimW

Reaction score
During our visit with Allen Silver yesterday, he did his best to describe the attachment for the crotch strap in some Pitts aircraft. He is pretty fond of that attachment and suggested we might be able to use it if the tube size it wraps around is the same as our Skybolt. Can any of you Pitts guys tell me what size that tube is? Also, if there is any chance you can get me a picture of it, that would really help.
If the tube size is okay, we will need to try to buy the fitting from Aviat. I am wondering how difficult that may be for a non-Pitts aircraft.

cheers,
Jim

Latest posts

Back