• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Pitts S-1C for sale

Gregflier

Reaction score
1998 Pitts S-1C, Parallel Valve IO360, 680 TTAF, 2480 TTengine, 2480 SMOH. FP Sensenich metal prop, Bendix fuel injection, Raven inverted oil. Open cockpit. 824 lbs. and 180 horsepower. Electrics limited to starter, electric backup fuel pump, and (large) battery (trickle charged). Bungee gear. Steerable tail wheel. Built off S-1D plans but without top ailerons so it has the longer fuselage and higher gross of a D (or S). Fabric in good condition. Good paint on fabric but some paint peeling on sheetmetal. Always hangared. Flying regularly since 2003. Never flown beyond sportsman level aerobatics. No major damage history (Builder did minor damage to wingtip while taxi testing prior to first flight). Compression 62/80, 62/80, 71/80, 74/80. July 2015 Annual. Runs and flies well. Comes with Buttler seat pack parachute. $16,000 OBO. Based at W90 New London near Lynchburg VA. Contact Greg King (434)610-4897 [email protected] or Robby Middleton (434) 426-0870 [email protected]

I have been lurking on this forum for a few years and have owned the airplane since 2003 with Robby. I moved to North Carolina two years ago and we aren't flying it enough to justify keeping it. Airworthiness issued '94 First flown '98 and stored until 2003 with only the 25 hour test period flown off because the builder lost medical.

Pitts1.jpg

Last edited:

bipedream

Registered Users
Reaction score
If someone in Seattle wants half a Skybolt Greg's Pitts would fit nicely in my hangar. 😁.

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would fit in mine too. But Marcia thinks I have two too many airplanes already. I could make it home on one tank of gas too.

I'd offer to trade but Marcia has a new compact 1911 and knows too well how to use it.

Oh well

Jack

Last edited:

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jack...this has your name allllllll over it ;-)

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there any way I can block this thread?:D

I love, Love, LOVE it, but I can resist.........I think?

Bad timing for sure. I'm committed to my Acroduster. I talked to my DAR today. He had a plane to inspect today and another in Va. Then mine, hopefully next week. The inspector @ the MIDO he has been working with for the past 8 years retired and the new guy is getting up to speed on E-AB....... I hope the nice weather holds...... Get my AWC and a couple good days, really looking forward to flying it.

If I were to pick my #1 Pitts, this one would be about 99%.

I keep thinking I could climb in and have it in my hangar in about 90 min..........got to stop thinking:)

Jack

Last edited:

svanhatt

Registered Users
Reaction score
Very interested. Expect a call in the next day or so.

bipedream

Registered Users
Reaction score
He'd probably take a nice compact 1911 in partial trade 😁

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd have to trade the whole full gun safe and accuse her of abuse so she couldn't buy another gun........:rolleyes:

Not hardly. How can I complain with two airplanes in the hangar.

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Buy it Jack...sell the Spezio or Duster and have the two you really want. It's only money! ;-)

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DAR will be here on Friday. Should fly the Duster on the next decent day. Might already have the plane I want? And I can still go down range to change targets w/o having to watch my back......;)

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I've flown the Acroduster 2 and like it very much. But w/only 160 ponies it doesn't have the wow factor of a 180-S1C.

OTOH if you ask Marcia I bet she would say I don't have much wow factor anymore myself....if ever?

Jack

flyhardlandsoft

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am new to this site and don't even know how to make a new post,
so I apologize for interrupting here,

I would love to get some training in a Pitts this July I go to the States and was wondering if anyone here could point me to the right place,
I will be in Oshkosh and mostly in Wisconsin for a few weeks,
Can't seem to find any schools/instructors with a Pitts in that area,
the only one nearest I found is GrayOut in Indianapolis but can't get hold of them :-(
Any inofs or advise is highly appreciated
George.

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't help, only Pitts instruction I absolutely know of is Bill Finagin in Annapolis, Md.

This old thread does bring back memories. She hasn't put a bullet in me yet.:)

Jack

George. I'll try to move your post or copy it to where it will be seen.

Last edited:

PatsPitts

Reaction score
I advise you contact Bill as well. If for some reason he is not available he can point you in the proper direction.

Latest posts