• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Pitts S-1C For Sale

humptybump

Reaction score
Beautifully built S-1C for sale. 265 TTAFE. O-360-C1A with Bendix fuel injection, Christen inverted oil & wobble pump, header tank with flop tube, 4 into 1 exhaust. Lightweight starter and alternator, wired for handheld. Long fuselage ("S" length), ratcheting hooker harness, aerobatic sight, smoke system, Haigh locking tailwheel, Sensenich 76 x 60. Flies hands off. Flown several times per week, 100 hrs last 2 years. Current (May) condition inspection. Fly away condition.

Kevin Spooner
Des Moines, Iowa
[email protected]

*** SOLD ***

image-3313203900.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

popgun

Reaction score
Wow that`s a little beauty! you must be loving that S2A.

humptybump

Reaction score
I really do love the 2A. When I look at this picture I have mixed feelings....but since mid May I've put 50 hrs on your A, and 8 hrs on the flat wing.

image-2080344708.jpg

TFF1

Reaction score
That is a happy looking airplane.

popgun

Reaction score
Wow I love that picture! I'm glad that you're flying her a lot, that's why she looks so happy.

PittsDriver68

Reaction score
The S-2A is a great airplane. Enough horsepower, you only have to feed 4 cylinders, and most of them are light. The models with more horsepower are nice but in a world of compromises, you can do almost anything in an S-2A and not break the bank doing it. And you can take your spouse or spouse candidate flying every once in a while, or Young Eagles, or friends, etc.

Best of luck,

Wes

Mael

Reaction score
You are right. Pitts S2A is a fantastic airplane. It is just missing a little power to do airshows.

I have owned mine for more than 9 years and I sometime thought about selling her for a S2B. But guess what, she is still here.

Carlyle

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Often wondered how an S2A would perform with a new Superior 408 and a 3 blade MT

Latest posts