• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pitts S-1C project for sale

gmann750

Reaction score

S-1C project for sale, has everything except engine and propeller, was once flying 100 hours tt, needs a cover job but appears to be well built. I struts, wheel pants, flying landing wires, dynafocal mount 180-200, full insturment panel, and log bookthere is a picture on Barnstormers, I have gotten myself into quite an S-1S project so this C will have to go. I am asking 7800.00 for all above, it is located in Cressona,PA 17929, Thanks,Mark I can try to get some more pictures for those interested. I wish I could have both but cannot.

TxSkyBolt

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Experimental or factory? Photos would be a plus.
thanks,
Brad

gmann750

Reaction score
Experimental. There are pictures on Barnstormers.com I couldn't figure out how to post them here.

TxSkyBolt

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score

I see it now thanks. By the way, to post here is dirt simple. Look at the top of your reply box and locate the icon that looks like a green tree. Select that icon. Next, select "choose file" on the left. That will open your computer and simply select the photo you want to upload and then select "upload" After the photo appears, select OK.

Thats it,
Best regards,
Brad
Edited by: SATCFI

darylat8750

Reaction score

SATCFI said:
Experimental or factory? Photos would be a plus.
thanks,
Brad
I think all S1Cs are experimental. Now S2C.......

TxSkyBolt

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks darly. What was the original pitts special? I thought it was the same as the plans build S1C. I have a cheat sheet but it doesn't say which ones are factory and which are plans. I think that only the one-holer ever made it to plans, correct?
best regards,
Brad

Neil

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score

The very first was a S1 and perhaps actually designated S1-L as it had a small Lycoming for power. The next ones (plans built) were designated S1-C for the 65 to 90hp Continental engines originally intended for the design. Eventually all the single aileron planes were called S1-Cs regardless of engine choice. I don't think there were any certified "C" models. I could be wrong. Could have been some "Built by Curtis" C model airplanes out there prior to the certified S1-S. No plans ever from Curtis for a 2 place.
Edited by: Neil

gmann750

Reaction score
5500.00 it is on ebay right now, if it doesn't sell I am going to restore it after I finish my S-1S, Thanks,Mark

gmann750

Reaction score
also have S-1s project for sale, with IO 360 a1a 900tt 500stoh, all logs, sensenich 76-60, s-1s, s-1c, and engine 19000.00 obo or split it up how you like, Mark pictures on barnstormers

macwolf

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
i feel like weeping when I see all that being offered on barnstormers for like 5500... considering how much I many $ I have put into mine... sob!

Latest posts