• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Pitts S-1D For Sale (Maybe)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I thought I would post this to gauge interest. I may sell my beautiful Pitts S-1D.

I currently live in MI and bought a house in FL. That house is currently rented out as a airbnb but I'm either going to move into it, or perhaps buy another airpark home in Atlanta. Either way, I'll need to ferry three airplanes south! I'm not sure how much hangar space I'll end up with, so I'm thinking of selling my Pitts.

This airplane was originally built as an S-1C in 1965. Over the years it's had a few different engines and it's been re-built a few times. ALL logs are present. Most current re-built was in the 90's. I don't think there's a single original part left on this airplane! Somewhere along the line it was converted to a D model, and now has a 180hp Lycoming IO-360 with around 1,200 hours.

Price is 49k.
Contact Mark at: [email protected]

Video Links:

"Introducing My New Pitts"
"Pitts Flying"
"Fun Flight in the Pitts S-1D"
"Quick Aerobatic Flight in the Pitts S-1D"

Latest posts

Back