• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pitts S-2A For Sale

PittsDriver68

Reaction score
After 20 years and over 1000 hrs of flying, it is time to pass my Pitts on to the next owner who will appreciate this great airplane. I have supported 78PS with the best maintenance I can do and have done multiple of FAA approved upgrades.

N78PS Pitts S-2A s/n 2068

Aircraft TT 2495 but changing as I fly

Engine SMOH 385 Unlimited Aero Engines overhaul

Factory option crossover exhaust

Hartzell Prop 610 SMOH with B-hub

Aircraft recovered 2011 by Joe Flood with Cooper SuperFlite

STC-ed Spades

New single place canopy 2020

B&C Alternator Field Approval

B&C Starter

EI UBG Engine Analyzer with data recorder

GT-50 Clock/Volts/Flight Timer/G-Meter

Lightweight battery - SBS J-16/PC-680

Removable front windshield & cockpit cover

Spare lower cowling

KT-76C transponder

KY-197 Comm

Lightweight Battery Field Approval

New engine mount 2019

1631490376362.png

Based at KASH in New Hampshire. Looking for $81,000.

Not yet on Barnstormers. WIll be at the Wildwood Acroblast.

Thanks

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I certainly hope and pray all is well with you Wes. no eply needed.

Warm regards,

Jack

PittsDriver68

Reaction score
No problem with the pilot other than finally looking for another 100-200HP and more G's. Looked at the calendar and decided that it I am going to do that, now is the time. Thanks for the thoughts.

Wes

PittsDriver68

Reaction score
I am planning to go over to the dark side for a few years. I am tracking the Sukhoi market although some of my bad friends are lobbying me to look at Extra 300S's. Once that item on the bucket list is checked off and I reach an age where insurance is an issue I will likely look back at S-1's.

Once you are in your 60's, as you know, the calendar is not your friend. I am ready to have a happy childhood.

Regards,

Wes

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, turning 75 in a couple weeks and just got insurance quote. Almost double and they want a flight review every 12 months.

Using a cane and have to hypervent before I climb onto wing walk. Time to quit. Not really unhappy. I think I've flown thru the best years possible to have been a pilot. And this place has been an additional joy too. :)

Spezio is still for sale @ $13.5K

Jack

gmann750

Reaction score
Wes, I sold my eagle to a gent in Oregon with a freshly restored Sukhoi and I think he still has it, his name is Dr Norman Willis. Last I saw the price was getting better and better. He’s eager to sell it.

PittsDriver68

Reaction score
I need to take more of the outside. What are you interested in seeing?

1631751449696.png

Tim Hess who built the engine was Michael Goulian's Red Bull engine tech. The engine flys as good as it looks.

Best of luck,

Wes

PittsDriver68

Reaction score
Thanks very much for the kind words. The sequence below is the Free Program I am coaxing the ship through the last two seasons. Some pilots here might enjoy trying it.

Best of luck,

Wes

1632171800005.png

Jerry

Radial Skybolt Builder: 205% completed
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love the A with the single bubble... 😎👍🏼

Acromaniac

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Wes,

I love that program. I fly it all the time for fun.

I printed it out the last time you put it up here. Sometimes I add extra rolling elements. I like doing 1.5 on the reverse cuban, and add to the push humpty too.

I don't know about scoring but fun to fly.

Thanks!

Last edited:

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
wow, wes selling his pitts, cameron selling his eagle...... hell maybe i should list mine....... what would i get next..........

Latest posts