• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Pitts S-2B N48BT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wzm

Reaction score
I recently sold the Citabria I'd owned for years, and bought N48BT, one of Bill Thomas' old planes. It seems to have a lot of training hours on it, so I'm sure there are a few people who know it on this forum. I'd love to read any stories that you all might have, and I'm looking forward to getting it home and putting some hours on it. My first name is Bill, and my son's name is Thomas, so the name on the fabric and the tail number are halfway relevant.

It'll need an engine rebuild sooner or later, but the compressions are decent right now. It seems like there are a lot of mid time AEIO-540 engines and cores available right now, so I'm not sure whether a rebuild or a replacement engine will be more economical. I'm open to advice, and I'd love to know why there are so many European AEIO-540-D4A5s for sale.

I'm still working on the S-1S, but selling and buying a plane have definitely slowed me down. Hopefully this winter is productive.

isZYLnb.jpg

bgO2Z86.jpg

Latest posts

Back