• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Pitts S1-11-b Drag wires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbilu

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered my drag, anti drag wires for the lower wings about a year ago and the ones for the upper wing about 6 months ago. I opened the first package today and started to install the ones for the lower wings. All eight bottom wires are oversized as per plans. The inner bay wires are 1.25 inches longer than the plans call for and the outer bay is .5 inch longer. After double checking the dimensions of the ribs, blocks and butt rib lugs, I called Raven and was told that it is common procedure to cut these wires.

I'm skeptical. Has anyone else run into this? If so, what method is used to cut them?

Latest posts

Back