• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pitts s1-11 plans wanted

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Well I'll ship to OZ no problem. Just don't have the plans your looking for!!:p

skyboltone

Reaction score
Avian will gladly sell a set to you. Have you checked with them to see about shipping?

BubbaMc

Reaction score
Where did you order them from mate?

BTW if you're in Perth and need a hand with the build, I'm happy to help.

Loopdloops

Reaction score
How much and where would one buy these? I have a need for a long term project.

BubbaMc

Reaction score
I'd also like to purchase a set.

Have contacted Aviat without any response. I have a delivery address in the USA if anyone would like to sell a set.

Cheers!

Inversion

Reaction score
Apparently Akrodave also has plans for sale but I have lost contact with him. Others may want to send him a PM if they are still looking for a set.

Last edited:

skyboltone

Reaction score
Here's the e-mail that was sent to me on May 18th 2015. As it turns out, my e-mail was answered within 48 hours. It's all about charm and wit I think. Good looks help too.

Dan,

Attached is pricing for the S-1-11B plans and a list of components Aviat will build.

Prices are good for 30 days only and do not include shipping cost.

If you would like to order, please provide a full shipping and billing address (include telephone number) and credit card number, expiration date and CVC number (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover).

Regards,
Janette Casper
Parts Department
Aviat Aircraft, Inc.
PH 307-885-3151
FAX 307-885-9674

PITTS S-1-11B (SUPER STINKER)

PLANS ARE $330.00
Purchase all components and receive a 10% discount and free plans.

Major components

Upper Wing Assembly (uncovered) $28,745.00
Lower Wing Assemblies (uncovered) $15,545.00 each
Metal Ailerons $ 1,842.00
Fuselage (uncovered) $12,145.00
Landing Gear $ 1,980.00
Engine Mount $ 1,206.00
Stabilizer $ 618.00 each
Elevators $ 1,017.00 each
Rudder $ 715.00
Torque Tube $ 901.00
Control Stick $ 544.00
Nose Bowl $ 1,511.00
Canopy/Windscreen $ 2,727.00
Fuel Tank $ 615.00

A Limited Number of S-1-11B’s will be Custom Built
Call for Pricing and Details
(307) 885-3151

*PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE

Revised 11/01/12

Last edited:

cwilliamrose

‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ 
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder who they'll get to build the wings?

PittsDriver68

Reaction score
So the "quick build" is something like $95K. What is the cost of an Eagle kit these days?

If you want some sticker shock, check the price of a new S-2C. I think that it is north of $300K now.

Buying the plans and then building everything yourself is pretty good economy, even if you calculate your time at slave wages rather than market scale.

Best of luck,

Wes

garyg

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
What no aileron coves? No turtle deck?

And what error filled drawing will they use for the fuselage?

Have to say, that pricing makes my 50k look cheap...

gjg

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Well in all fairness he was just asking for plans. Those component prices are pretty on par with what we would charge to do the same thing, well not exactly the same thing ;)

Inversion

Reaction score
Chris, I think it's fair to say that the scope of this thread has now been widened to include a post independence day royal commission and senate committee hearing into the gouging associated with the supply and construction of aftermarket homebuilt aircraft components. I did not initiate this change of direction but it is a very valid topic for those who are attempting to go high performance without the very significant income required to have a third party "homebuild" their plane for them. Udo has a beautiful plane, but $200K in parts plus a team of professional tradesmen is beyond the means of many people. We're just having some fun !
So, whose got a gold plated fuselage for sale ?

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Tell you what, find me a buyer for that gold plated fuselage and I'll find the fuselages! :D

Inversion

Reaction score
Wow, these planes really have a lot of parts...now I see why pilots take so long to build them and why engine-ears want so many $ to build them.
All the evidence is in the blueprints...it was that guy from Florida - he did it !!!

Last edited:

Latest posts