• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pitts S1-C Project

Mcwpittss1

Registered Users
Reaction score
I am selling my Pitts Prroject. Included is a long fuselage, a set of S1-C wings, a experimental Lycoming O-235 with a solid crank 115 hp, carb. A pair of "I" struts, engine mount, firewall, rudder pedals control stick, instrument panel, fuel tank, Acro style spring landing gear with 5X5 wheels, Scott Tailwheel, turtle deck, pilot seat, Steen plans set, tail surfaces, and rudder.

I installed a straight pitot tube in the lower left wing and ran tubing, I also stripped the fuselage down and zinc chromated it and painted it light grey.

Located at KMCW.

Photos are a little dated but you get the general idea of what it looks like. Photo credit Gary Grommon, Craig W.

I'm asking $7,500 but will entertain any offer if you're interested send me an offer!ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1411005359.467038.jpgImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1411005385.328143.jpgImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1411005531.010028.jpgImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1411005549.611153.jpgImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1411005565.922231.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Biplane Forum

Mcwpittss1

Registered Users
Reaction score
Price reduced $6000

Also included is Bendix mags, tail wires, cleveland brakes and brake cylinders.

Needs to go.....

Mcwpittss1

Registered Users
Reaction score
First $5,000 takes it!

Mcwpittss1

Registered Users
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1414544661.440468.jpgImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1414544684.425374.jpgImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1414544701.297988.jpg
Updated photos

Mcwpittss1

Registered Users
Reaction score
Rock bottom price $4,000

Mcwpittss1

Registered Users
Reaction score
Updated Project info: includes a long fuselage to my knowledge the fuselage has never flown it came from a gentlemen in Oklahoma that passed away, the rear attach fittings are not in the right place per plans so I cut the old ones of and have two new ones from Aviat, but never got around to getting them welded on, overall the welding is good. A set of S1-C wings that came off a flying airplane that was ground looped and the two ribs were replaced with single place ribs and the wing fixed like new. I cut the old pitot tube out of the wing and put a brand new one in and ran tubing. A Lycoming O-235 115 hp believed to be a C1B it is experimental because there is no data plate on the crankcase or logs. The previous owner I bought it from said the engine had around 400 hours on it when it was taken apart to be inspected, the pistons need rings, also included with the engine is a solid crankshaft that was never prop stricken, 4 cylinders, 4 Pistons, piston pins , pushrods and pushrods tubes, Bendix magnetos and ignition harness, intake tubes, connecting rods, oil sump, accessory cover, carburetor, oil dipstick. Also included with the project is a engine mount which will bolt up to the crankcase, firewall, rudder pedals, instrument panel, 19 gal fuel tank, cut sheet metal to make another fuel tank, control stick, pilot seat, die spring Acro style gear with 5X5 wheels and tires, cleveland brake calipers, brake master cylinders, wood turtle deck, a pair of I-struts, fuselage formers, rudder, elevator, and stabilator surfaces, Scott Tailwheel, tail wheel springs, tail brace wires, a set of steen s1-c plans.

I stripped the fuselage and zinc chromated it then painted it a light grey.

Not included is airworthiness or registration, propeller or spinner, cowling, exhaust, instruments, rudder cables, or covering materials, flying wires for the wings.

Bottom dollar is $4,000 which is less money than I have into it.

Based at KMCW, Mason City, Iowa

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Is there enough work there to qualify for the 51%? If not how do you get an airworthiness certificate? Not criticizing just curious.

L

lanceav8r

Reaction score
That thing looks to be way less than 50% completed. Building and licensing won't be a problem.

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah WAY less than 51%. Look at a quick build RV.

Kris
Oklahoma City,OK
Currently restoring a Ranger powered Starduster Too

Latest posts