• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Pitts S1 For Sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taildraggerpilot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am buying an S2 and must reluctantly sell my S1. The airplane was built in 1996 and has an injected O-360 with bendix fuel injection and recent three blade performance prop. This airplane has "C" model wings and long "S" model fuselage. The fuselage has all of the desired mods, strap hinges, tail brace, cabane brace, API tailwheel, etc... The airplane is trimmed out to fly feet flat on the floor and lands like a dream. Since I've owned it, I've performed a number of upgrades to the instrumentation, wiring, and engine. I intended to keep this airplane for a long time, but couldn't pass on an opportunity to own an S2.
The wings are traditional truss and the build quality is excellent. The welds are excellent. For additional information, please see my site: https://sites.google.com/site/pitts119ts/

Asking - $29,500

Thanks for looking,
Ben Van Kampen
Wichita, KS

20151011_070217.jpg

IMGP0004___60_F035_00100_018_DA18-55WR_K-5.jpg

IMGP2681.jpg

Top View.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back