• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Pitts S1 Project for Sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hova

Reaction score
Looking to sell my S1 project in favor of buying a flying plane. I just flat out don't have time to work on it anymore and a few other life issues require the money.

It started life as two different flying planes that I was bringing together. Fuselage was originally a C with stretch and wings are off of an S (stick built wings).

The fuselage is a former racer with a huge cockpit stretch. Its complete, needs paint on fabric and a little refinement to make it perfect but could be airworthy with not much work. Has enlarged rudder but all control surfaces are covered and ready to go as well.

The wings came off of N888KK that was built by an acquaintances father originally. He flew it for quite a while, sold it, then it was bought back by the builders son (the aforementioned acquaintance) and he's had it ever since. He's upgrading his plane to Raven wings so I bought his old ones. They have no damage and could be airworthy as is but do have original 1978 fabric. Fabric does have a few patches and paint chips, scratches, ect like you would expect on wings that age. Fly em as is or recover them but the structure has been inspected and scoped and all looks great.

Has some go-fast parts if youre into that like a sweet kevlar cowling (only 9lbs) and racing canopy. I was going to use the cowling with plenum cooling and ditch the canopy in favor of a standard setup but either could work.

Basically its a complete airframe, engine mount, rigging, and everything needed to be flying fairly quickly. Ive had it all together as seen in the pictures and was able to get it rigged straight. Its currently taken apart again in my garage.

Not sure what I want to get on price just need it gone and keep my losses to a minimum so I can buy a flying S1 or similar and pay for some life expenses that popped up. I know most forums have rules stating prices must be listed so I'll say $8,000 for everything or make me a reasonable offer. Also willing to part out for the right prices as well. If you have a flying plane and want a project Im open to using it as partial trade as well.

Price: $8000 obo willing to part out
Condition: Complete but needs work (engine mount included, no engine)
Other: O-360 will be for sale when I have it back, currently being overhauled. Motorcycle in the pictures also for sale.

20160929_192355.jpg

20161022_174046-2.jpg

20161105_191517-2.jpg

20161120_151613.jpg

20170107_170104.jpg

Latest posts

Back