• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pitts S1 project for sale

Dano

Reaction score
I have not had been able to find much time to work on my project so it's time to put it up for sale.
Pitts S1 long fuselage completely welded
Squared off tail feathers
Wittman style landing gear
Carbon fiber dash
Many instruments collected
See my build blog at Pitts S1 Build Log for more information
Asking $3,500 or best offer

Attachments

VH-FKS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude don’t give up now! I am basically at the same stage with my project and I know it feels like an endless journey but you are so close to getting the project to a point where you can do little jobs one at a time. It’s so cheap as well. I hadn’t seen your blog before.

decathlon8kcab

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I AGREE!

Don't give up now! Do something each day even if it takes only 15 minutes of your time.

Things will turn around for you.

I've heard this several times by a number of sorry guys........... Flying or not, don't EVER sell your Pitts!

Dano

Reaction score
Where are you located Dano?
I'm located in Connecticut.

Dude don’t give up now! I am basically at the same stage with my project and I know it feels like an endless journey but you are so close to getting the project to a point where you can do little jobs one at a time. It’s so cheap as well. I hadn’t seen your blog before.
I AGREE!

Don't give up now! Do something each day even if it takes only 15 minutes of your time.

Things will turn around for you.

I've heard this several times by a number of sorry guys........... Flying or not, don't EVER sell your Pitts!
Thanks for the support guys...if it doesn't sell maybe I'll get back at it.

footloose

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lord , don't toss it . Your work looks very nice and the fever always comes back . We all get the same thoughts . Piddle with something else for a while , take a break . Oshkosh is right around the corner and the web cams will darn sure get your deramin and buildin spirit recharged . If ya sell , it's so hard to get back to where you are now .

Dana

Reaction score
Where in CT are ya? My Hatz is at SNC.

footloose

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because it's more desirable to travel that direction . Can't imagine a trip to Calif. (especially now) .

CATIAGUY

Reaction score
I say sell it. Your done. The lucky new owner will get your best effort. Move on.
Gerry

Thala

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't see it on Barnstormers. Is it sold? If it congratulations and my loss :-(

Dano

Reaction score
The project is still available, it's just that the ad 'timed out' on Barnstormers and I wasn't going to renew it while I still had local interest in it. Let me know if you have any questions or would like more info.

Thanks,
Dan

Dipsodes

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have sent you a PM so perhaps we could chat it through by 🤳 phone

Dano

Reaction score
Still available, let me know if you have any interest.

Dan

Latest posts