• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Pitts S1-S FOR SALE Testimony

bjkirby2000

Aerobat, Hawk-XP, Lancair Super-ES, Smith MiniPL
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I spent last week observing the annual inspection on the Certified Black & Blue S1-S for sale on Barnstormers. I'll be at the Leesburg, Florida airport all day Monday with the airplane if anyone needs anything photo'd or wants me to look at anything. It looks great, the AEIO-360 runs great and the airplane overall is in excellent shape. The Logs look thorough and since it is next door to Steve Wolf you could get an honest world famous Wolf-Pitts-Pro pre-buy! I do not know the seller/owner and he has no knowledge of this posting-yet.

Beautiful black and blue Pitts Special for sale. 500 hrs since overhaul. Just out of annual. Contact Steven D. Strelka, Owner - located Redondo Beach, CA USA; Telephone: 310-995-3847

Bj
352-344-5678

Last edited:

TxSkyBolt

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I saw that ad but am always amazed why someone selling a $40K airplane is too cheap to pay the $5 to post photos in the ad?????

bjkirby2000

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I suppose that is a valid point. As with all that we do and see I am sure there is a reason. Perhaps a "cheap" friend posted it for him.

In any event, I'm upping my volunteer ante for this site (BiplaneForum) as i'm sure you did simply because I am very impressed with all the building that has been going on. It's always been a Great Site-now even better! Many Thanks to the stage hands...

Bj :)

acropilotbret

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I saw that ad but am always amazed why someone selling a $40K airplane is too cheap to pay the $5 to post photos in the ad?????
Last time I posted on barnstormers it was $20 for pictures which included a spec sheet as well. And this was only good for 30 days. Barnstormers used to have $5 picture deal for 60 days not any more. That being said I don't understand not posting pictures either, it's a small price that usually yields a lot of value.

Tomcat

Reaction score
BJ, if your going to be with the airplane all day today maybe you could snap a few photos and post them here?

bjkirby2000

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
image-3487567808.jpg

If you need any others just let me know. She looks great!

pittss1flyer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why that's the older bigger and better sister to my S1C. Still on the market I see. My S1C has been upgraded with a fresh O-320, Catto prop and new panel, etc. My understanding is that these two performed some airshows together way back when (in the Chico area--the Chico Geeks?). Anyway, here is a picture of mine (a bit out of date)--and no it is not for sale....but flashing $40k in front of my nose would sure get me possibly interested......

DSC02326.jpg

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
That's a great looking Pitts!

Latest posts