• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Pitts S1-S Wanted

acroeric

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for a factory kit built Pitts S1-S or one built by an experienced builder. An older airplane in need of future restoration is just fine provided there is no major damage. Cash buyer. Will go to a loving home ;-)

Last edited:

Jbot

Reaction score
My grandfather has a kit available
George 1 (775) 881-8146

acroguy

Registered Users
Reaction score
Looking for a factory kit built Pitts S1-S or one built by an experienced builder. An older airplane in need of future restoration is just fine provided there is no major damage. Cash buyer. Will go to a loving home ;-)
Good Luck Eric!

Jack Stovall

acroeric

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Just wanted to thank all the guys on the forum that helped me find a Pitts S1S. I was able to purchase a bone stock 1097 S1-S from Rick Rice (forum member). Rick is a heck of a nice guy and straight shooter. The airplane was nicer than expected and perfect for it's purpose. It was built in 1970 by Joe Fife of PA from parts supplied by Curtis Pitts. If anyone can tell me a little more about it I would love to hear! Luckily Joe Fife is still living and I have been able to talk with him on a few occasions.
We still This will be my personal Pitts that I will restore as soon as I can bring myself to stop flying it.
We (Bully Aero) still have a need for at least 3 more stock, factory built or factory kit Pitts S1-S for customers wishing to restore. We are cash buyers.
Thanks again to the forum and to Rick Rice, and to all the guys that sent info on available airplanes. I promise to be a good caretaker of old N21JF.

N21JF.jpg

Gmovies

Reaction score
Did you ever see the pictures I sent you of mine? Check your regular email for a message from klusmanp(at)aol(dot)com with Pitts S-1S photos attached.

RickRice

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Eric for the kind words and for buying N21JF. I know she'll be beautiful when you're finished!

If any of your Forum members are ever in the Burlington, NC area, I highly recommend stopping by Bully Aero. Kind of like going to a kid museum, where you get to see and touch beautiful stuff without ropes and guards in the way.

It's always hard to sell an airplane. I know they're just tubes and rags, but I still get emotionally attached to them. I've been flying for almost 40 years and I've owned a bunch of planes during that time; even a bunch of biplanes, but only one Pitts. I know I'm going to miss her, but N21JF has been flying with her original fabric and engine since 1972. Mr. Fife did a great job putting her together, but it's time she had a new set of clothes. Getting to know Eric and seeing the great work he does made it easier to say good bye. I look forward to seeing her again after he gets her all dressed up.

Morphewb

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

On the lookout for a aircraft/project like Eric's. S1s with Factory frame and wings.

Cheers

Mike
Mike,
Look at my add on Barnstormers.com. I have just what you want ready to go. Call me.
Ben Morphew

Latest posts