• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Pitts S1-S wins Unlimited!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeroz_z

Reaction score
Paul Bennet and myself decided to give Unlimited a crack at this years Australian Naional Aerobatic Championships.

Paul and Iflew his basicly stock S1-S Pitts. (apart fromthe Wolf Cowl.)
The other competitors were the 2007/8 Champion flying a Sabre (Edge 540) and another flying a Extra 300S.

Both Paul and I finished 1st and 2nd in the Unlimited Q programe.

The Free programe saw Paul finish 2nd and myself forth after zeroing a figure by under rolling by 45 degs. (DOH!)

Weather turned to crap the next days so the competition was ended with Paul winning Unlimited in his S1-S with a average of 73% and myself placing forth just 170 points behind the Sabre on a average of 65%.

LETS HERE IT FOR THE BIPLANES!....HIP, HIP, HOORAY!

Latest posts

Back