• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Pitts S1C For Sale in FL - $21k

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gotime242

Reaction score
***This is not my ad. I don't know the airplane or owner. I simply saw this listed in the IAC Chapter 23 newsletter and am posting it up here for you guys on the forum.***

-----------------------------

One of my all-time favorite movies is Dirty Dancing. If you know the movie, you will be familiar with the line "nobody puts Baby in a corner". I thought about that when I looked at this month's headline photo. The airplane looks alone, cast aside, rejected as it sits in the corner of my hangar. It needs a new owner; a pilot who loves aerobatics; a flyer who will love her for what she is - a Pitts S1C built the way Curtis first conceived this airplane.

Her owner, Bob Summe was my friend and hangar mate for over twenty years. Bob is gone now and severely missed by those who flew with him. He was a pilot's pilot; a Marine Corp fighter pilot (F4) for twenty years; American Airline Captain for 30 years. Bob loved this Pitts. He would want it out of this corner and flying loops and rolls.

Maybe you know someone who wants to get into the sport. This is a great airplane for the "grass roots" pilot.

Pitts Special S1C (N818BB); Total Time Airframe 439: Lycoming 0-290-D2. Excellent condition, low time Pitts. Certified experimental in 1968, this airplane spent many years in a museum. Returned to service in 1997 (286 total time) with inspection, recovered and painted with Air-Tech process, top overhaul, new Hooker 5 point and re-rigged. Flown regularly, loved and meticulously cared for since then.

$21,000 with seat pack chute and fresh annual. Call Jim at 772-485-6761 or email: [email protected].

- Jim Alsip

2n1bclt.jpg

Latest posts

Back