• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Pitts S1C Fuel Tank Vents

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

birkelbach

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to finish up the fuel system on my Pitts S1C project. I didn't build this airplane, I'm trying to complete it. It's an original S1C built from scratch (1972 Plans). The project included the tank which seems to be well made but I can't figure out how to do the venting. As far as I can tell there are no internal tubes, but there are plenty of ports. There is a port on top near the filler neck that the original builder put a Tee in. There is a fitting at the bottom rear of the tank and another on the top front of the tank. There is also the larger port for the flop tube. I've looked through the plans and the manual and I can't find a good description of how to properly vent the tank.

Latest posts

Back