• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Pitts S1C Project For Sale - $3,000 - S FL

gotime242

Reaction score
Same owner/builder as the Red S1 I just listed.

Modified S1C kit. I believe this one is a late model / long fuse.

Lots of dust, been sitting a while. Lots of parts laying around. I did my best to get pics of what I could. Im sure there is a lot more hidden around the hangar.

$3,000.00

Contact me via this forum or PM / Email for quick answers or more pics. I can show the kit anytime.

Contact Andy (the owner/builder) for more information via Phone. No calls before Noon please, he is older. 561-358-3044

-----------------------------------------------------------

-Side profile, Low profile canopy, Hinged and flips to the side like an S2.

-Shadowed picture for idea of fuselage / canopy profile.

-Wings.

-Flying Wires / Tail Wires / Misc

-Tail (Little pieces of crud is just hangar insulation I didn't completely get off)

-Nosebowl / Firewall / Etc.

-Cowl Pieces.

-Gear / I-struts.

-Rudder.

-Fuse Welds

Last edited:

Kevin91

Registered Users
Reaction score
That canopy seems almost identical to the one on the plane depicted below, any relation?

tumblr_n34grl3Nbo1s3j0j9o1_500.jpg

600194.jpg

gotime242

Reaction score
Huh...it does look very similar. Don't think it has anything relation with this project.

Did anyone ever produce a few side folding canopy kits?

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What wings does this have? The tips and ailerons are not S1C.....

Sent from my iPhone using Biplane Forum

Kevin91

Registered Users
Reaction score
Huh...it does look very similar. Don't think it has anything relation with this project.

Did anyone ever produce a few side folding canopy kits?
I'm not sure, maybe a more experienced member could chime in. Seems like a pretty neat setup if you don't mind straying from the factory look

For reference, here's another that has a similar look to it (sorry for straying from the topic of this thread, just curious about the origins of this type of canopy).

IMG-20110321-00053.jpg

IMG-20110321-00054.jpg

Last edited:

gotime242

Reaction score
That is neat...would look good with a Wolf cowl as well.

I personally love sliding the s1 canopy back in flight and on the ground...one of my favorite things about it.

The wings are modified/customs S1C wings.

ChemGuy

Registered Users
Reaction score
I am interested in this project. If you are near the airport could you measure from the engine side of the firewall to the tail post? I would like to know whether its a short or long fuse.

Thanks,
Dan

gotime242

Reaction score
Sure thing. I will say im fairly certain its a long fuse as it was from plans/kit assembled in the 90's or later. Ill measure next time.

rcadby

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure, maybe a more experienced member could chime in. Seems like a pretty neat setup if you don't mind straying from the factory look

For reference, here's another that has a similar look to it (sorry for straying from the topic of this thread, just curious about the origins of this type of canopy).
I'm the (re)builder of N371WS (turned upside down it's SMILEN).

How do I post some details if anyone is interested in all the mods?

cwilliamrose

‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ 
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
You can attach photos and some file types to a forum post. It's generally better to attach rather than link files so that they are stored on the forum itself and the threads will remain complete in the future. Tell us what you would like to post and we'll try to help.

Latest posts