• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Pitts S1C Project NC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grum.man

Reaction score
I purchased another S1C project that is a complete airplane so I am putting feelers out for my current S1C. Purchased it a few months ago and started stripping it down. The airplane had a hard landing years ago that broke the landing gear. The damage list includes, the lower cowling, bottom of the firewall, wooden belly stringers, and one metal former where the belly sheet metal attaches but no damage to the fuselage structure. It has a new gear and wheels and disk but no calipers. I have the logs for the plane and can get more pictures. All the wings are still covered but will obviously need to be recovered. The top wing has some leading edge hangar rash in one place that could be hammered out. Fuselage is very nicely done. I have new stringer stock I ordered from Spruce and a new pitot tube from Steen.

Includes:
Inverted oil system
Full instruments
Dynafocal mount
all flying wires
Master cylinders
fuel system
electric fuel pump
Haigh locking tailwheel
Nice upper cowl
nose bowl that needs some work

Asking 6k obo
Located in Sanford NC

The red and white wings are the wings included in the project and the open cockpit fuselage.
IMG_3665.jpg
IMG_3667.jpg
IMG_3682.jpg
IMG_3687.jpg
IMG_3731.jpg
IMG_3732.jpg
IMG_3746.jpg

Latest posts

Back