• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Pitts S1C Project, Reported to be Curtiss Pitts Build, in Lake George NY

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n7472h

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look at Barnstormers once in a Blue Moon - was surprised to see this felt some attention should be drawn to it.

https://www.barnstormers.com/ad_detail.php?id=1788617
PITTS S-1 • $15,000 • AVAILABLE FOR SALE • Pitt S-1. Wings and engine off for storage. Originally built by Curtis Pitts. Contact for info • Contact Bobby Zaloski - ADIRONDACK AEROSPORTS , - located Lake George, NY 06755 United States • Telephone: 2039944686 • Posted December 28, 2022 • Show all Ads posted by this AdvertiserRecommend This Ad to a FriendEmail AdvertiserSave to WatchlistReport This AdView Larger Images

FAA Reg. page: Aircraft Inquiry

Aircraft Description
Serial Number12PCertificate Issue Date03/12/1997
Manufacturer NameSPENCERMode S Code (base 8 / oct)50124450
ModelPITTS SPECIAL S-1Mode S Code (base 16 / hex)A0A928
Year Manufacturer1967Cancel Date12/17/2004
Reason For CancellationDestroyedExport ToNone
Type RegistrationIndividual
Aircraft Registration Prior to Deregistration
NameSECKENDORF JEFFREY
StreetPO BOX 200
CitySARATOGA SPRINGS
StateNEW YORKZip Code12866-0200
CountryUNITED STATES
Deregistered Airworthiness
Engine ManufacturerLYCOMINGClassificationExperimental
Engine Model0-320 SERIESCategory
A/W DateException CodeNo
Deregistered Other Owner Names
None
Deregistered Aircraft 2 of 2
Aircraft Description
Serial Number2080Certificate Issue DateNone
Manufacturer NameSTANDARDMode S Code (base 8 / oct)50124450
ModelJ-1Mode S Code (base 16 / hex)A0A928
Year ManufacturerNoneCancel Date03/25/1928
Reason For CancellationCancelledExport ToNone
Type RegistrationIndividual
Aircraft Registration Prior to Deregistration
NameRAYMOND D ELLIS
Street3445 5TH AVE SO
CityMINNEAPOLIS
StateMINNESOTAZip Code56701
CountryUNITED STATES

A web search showed it was in IAC Competition in 1994: IAC Contest Results

(Sportsman, Maytown PA 1994)
4. Hilton Tallman/ Pitts S1C/N1413 2231.7397 82.32
Saratoga Springs,NY

It would seem if it is one the O-320 Homestead S1C's it should be of interest. 1967 fits but the builder is listed as Spencer. Assume the seller has background to state it is a Homestead build.

I had the opportunity to buy an O-320 Homestead S1C in the mid-90's (New Jersey based) and I've been kicking myself ever since for not going through with it - the owner was rather unpleasant so I just walked away.

Lake George is an easy day trip for me if anyone wants me look over it for them.

Latest posts

Back