• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

pitts s1s for sale

41luscombe

Registered Users
Reaction score
We are talking about selling our pitts S1S its a 2007 airplane built by koerner aviation. Lycoming io-360, long fuselage, Inverted fuel and oil system, smoke system, slave strut torque tube in I strut, pressure cowling, lightweight skytec starter, haigh tailwheel, custom spinner, custom paint scheme, about 40hrs total time airframe and engine. We are going to ask $39,900 we will also consider trades. I can get more pics if you are interested. Thanks
Alex koerner

634.jpg

Last edited:

41luscombe

Registered Users
Reaction score
Sorry had the wrong price and year in the above ad should be fixed now. Ill try to post more pics soon!

CAKevin

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Should make a great airplane for someone.

kenamt

AcroKen
Reaction score
Are there plans or drawings out there for the slave strut torque tube in I strut?

41luscombe

Registered Users
Reaction score
As far as i know there are no pitts drawings, i know alot of people put a push pull tube in the I strut but we deisgned a torque tube just to be different, but it works flawlessly!

alex

41luscombe

Registered Users
Reaction score
When i get more pictures im probably going to post this on barnstormers i just wanted to give you guys the first shot at it.

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
That's a looker and close too, but have two know that are not flying. :D

L

Reaction score
Are there plans or drawings out there for the slave strut torque tube in I strut?
Years ago there were drawings from Falcon wings. I had a set just because I was curious on how that was accomplished. Two extra bell cranks with torque tube running through the "I" strut.

barchiola

This space available.
Reaction score
We are talking about selling our pitts S1S its a 2007 airplane built by koerner aviation. Lycoming io-360, long fuselage, Inverted fuel and oil system, smoke system, slave strut torque tube in I strut, pressure cowling, lightweight skytec starter, haigh tailwheel, custom spinner, custom paint scheme, about 40hrs total time airframe and engine. We are going to ask $39,900 we will also consider trades. I can get more pics if you are interested. Thanks
Alex koerner
wasn't that airplane for sale on here a couple of years ago? or was that a -C?

41luscombe

Registered Users
Reaction score
Wasent this one, there is a single place pitts that has a similar paint job somewhere in the midwest.

41luscombe

Registered Users
Reaction score
3KK Koerner Aviation, Kankakee, Illinois, about 60 miles south of Chicago.

saber25

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where were you a year ago? :)

It's close to 4-ship for a look see and report.

Cheers, Hans

Matt-

Reaction score
I have seen the airplane up close. You will have to dig deep to find a better one, at least in my opinion.

Latest posts