• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Pitts S1S For Sale

AASTUNTA

Supporting Member
Reaction score
2015 build date Pitts S1S. 2nd gen sparcraft wings like new condition. IO-320 with bendix fuel injection system. 50hrs TTAF and 400tsmoh engine. New rudder cables. New Grove axles wheels and brakes. New tires. Becker comm radio and Garmin 327 transponder. New Hooker 5 point harness. New odyssey battery. Bought a S2B and need the hangar space to park it. Canopy is currently installed, had removed due to the South Carolina heat. Also the sticker on the cowl has been removed. Open to all reasonable offers!!! $26k asking price, make me an offer I can't refuse!

Attachments

AASTUNTA

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And if someone makes a good enough offer and needs it I’ll ADS-B equip it for you

AASTUNTA

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And if the inverted oil system is a show stopper if we talk and make a good enough deal I can equip it with that also.

baita

Acrosport 2
Reaction score
6C04EDEA-B942-444E-9E51-2EC0C3FBF05A.jpeg
And if the inverted oil system is a show stopper if we talk and make a good enough deal I can equip it with that also.
Think is I have 3 airplanes acro2 h5humel Grumman tiger , !!! Acro2 or h5 has to go for room at hangar

ms1095

Reaction score
What are 2nd gen spar craft wings? How do they differ from the 1st, still routed ribs?

AASTUNTA

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are 2nd gen spar craft wings? How do they differ from the 1st, still routed ribs?
They are still routed plywood but if I remember correctly they have cap strips and the noticeable difference looking in the wings you can see spruce blocks running chord wise down certain ribs. This I guess eliminated any problems the original ones had

Latest posts