• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pitts s1t for sale

2wingz

Reaction score
PITTS S1T 1994-$55000-Conway, Arkansas
Super clean-No Damage History, Built by NASA Aeronautical Engineer
IO-360-A1B 200 HP. 250 SMOH, 250 TTAF, MT Prop overhauled July 15, 2014-
41 HRS, Carbon Cowl Doors, Carbon Seat, Organ Aero Cushion, Fiber Glass Landing Gear Fairings, New B&C Starter and Alternator, B&C Vac2 Inverted Oil Pickup. New Slick Mags, New oil & Fuel lines and wiring, Sky Dynamics 4 Into 1 Header. New API Tail Wheel, Icom Radio, Bendix king Transponder, Sold with fresh annual.
Contact Mike Lemons 5012692520, [email protected]

CA3DBD26-81AB-4FC1-BADF-16C87D579BDB.jpeg

13AD619D-29D1-47C5-9C38-A2DF129EE5C1.jpeg

5E6714DF-D8EC-4D58-AE0D-D2D69E25AC2F.jpeg

8612388B-9D29-4C28-BC99-34BCE5B4AD4E.jpeg

Last edited:

2wingz

Reaction score
no one interested in a super low time S1T??? What’s wrong here guys?.

cwilliamrose

‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ 
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Well one thing 'wrong' is there's no indication of where the airplane is located nor is there a location shown in your profile info. Other than that it looks nice but I need a two-place right now so I'm not your guy.

cwilliamrose

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
:) Yeah, yeah... The point was you might trigger some interest if the ad told someone it was close by.

Acrobum

Reaction score
no one interested in a super low time S1T??? What’s wrong here guys?.
S-1Ts are certainly worth every penny, when certified, Experimental that price drops in half. Even though it makes zero sense, thats how most think. So, ive had a few people ask me about the ad on barnstormers and they all said the same thing, its priced a little high. Not my words, its theirs! Dont shoot the messenger.

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
S-1Ts are certainly worth every penny, when certified, Experimental that price drops in half. Even though it makes zero sense, thats how most think. So, ive had a few people ask me about the ad on barnstormers and they all said the same thing, its priced a little high. Not my words, its theirs! Dont shoot the messenger.

Not to start an argument but personally I would think the opposite for a single place. I'd much rather have an equally well built E-AB, I can do anything I want with it.

I certainly understand the logic for a certified S2 because you can instruct/make money with it.

Regards,

Jack

Michaelshakin

Reaction score
Not to start an argument but personally I would think the opposite for a single place. I'd much rather have an equally well built E-AB, I can do anything I want with it.

I certainly understand the logic for a certified S2 because you can instruct/make money with it.

Regards,

Jack

Yeah I can see both sides of the argument. With the T you’re buying a piece of mind knowing it’s factory built.

With experimental if you don’t have pictures of the inside of the wing you could have popsicle sticks and hot glue under the fabric.

Just my $0.02

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are homebuilt aircraft that might put a factory plane to shame. But you are correct the certified bird should be of known quality. With the E-AB one better know what to look for.

Your $0.02 may be worth more than my $0.02 too?

107ch

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I always thought all S1-T's were factory built. Can anyone enlighten me on the history? When the T plans were available, etc...Thanks,
Dennis

cwilliamrose

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
The first three T models were built in Homestead as experimental airplanes. They had longer engine mounts, a different cowling design and stock S-1S wings. The factory airplanes had a kit offering much like the S-1E kit airplanes before them. Factory parts assembled by the builder. There were no plans offered.

cgzro

Peter Ashwood-Smith P
Reaction score
I bought a certified plane after looking at a few experimentals that gave me cold shivers (like the 202) etc. The factory certified plane was twice the cost but its never let me down.
Now that I know more I could safely buy an experimental S but 20 years ago I went the safe route. Friend of mine now deceased went the experimental route and for years I was jealous of his shiny composite monoplane:(

Latest posts