• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Pitts S1X Sunbird

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanTerzian

Reaction score
Sunbird is listed for sale on Barnstormers under Pitts heading. I love the performance but the plane is not a good fit for me. I no longer have ready access to a mechanic familiar with a Pitts and I am not very good at (and don't enjoy) doing it myself. Consequently, I find it quite frustrating.

Briefly, it is a beefed up S1 with an IO540 and MT 3 bladed prop + lightspeed ignition and other stuff aimed at keeping it light and improving performance. It is the plane used by Spencer Suderman to set the current inverted spin record.

I have $70k invested but want to sell it and don't expect to get it out. Anyone who is sincerely interested with a reasonable offer will own it. You can call me at 530-227-1441 or email [email protected] to discuss.

The plane and I are currently located @ KPSP. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to change location from San Luis Obispo in my personal info. Cheers.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back